The Angoulême Festival has always had the ambition of exploring and discovering or rediscovering comics from all over the world. For this 51st edition, it’s all about the richness of Canadian 9th art! In partnership and with the financial support of the Government of Canada, the Festival is decked out in white and red, and the finest colors of Canadian production, for a transatlantic voyage for all, general public and professionals alike.
FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC – Lineup
From January 25 to 28, the Festival sets course for the many territories of Canadian comics. A varied panorama accessible to all, from the historic heart of the city to the interior of the “Bubbles”!
- On Rue Hergé, in the epicenter of the Festival, a Canada Pavilion is dedicated exclusively to its publishers and authors. It is open to all festival-goers;
- At Le Nouveau Monde, a space designed for alternative and independent publishers, a stand showcases the diversity of Canadian authors’ styles;
- In front of City Hall, an exhibition on Canadian comics offers a representative tour of the country’s creative output, from the Atlantic provinces and territories to the West Coast;
- A food truck set up in the town center will serve some of the great classics of Canadian cuisine.
FOR PROFESSIONALS – Lineup
From January 24, the International Rights Market offers many opportunities for professionals to meet the players in Canadian production thanks to :
- An information stand for the sale of foreign and audiovisual rights;
- A conference dedicated to Canadian 9th art, followed by a networking lunch, to discuss trends and opportunities in the world of Canadian comics;
- An evening entitled “D’un océan à l’autre”, to strengthen links between industry professionals.