To launch the Paris Podcast Festival, the Canadian Cultural Centre invites you to an evening of listening to podcasts produced in Canada. Come and discover the best productions from across the country on Thursday, October 6 at 8pm. Reserve your seats!
The selection has been carefully chosen and will be presented remotely by Julien Morissette, co-founder and producer at Transistor Media, a Canadian podcast production company. The event is a teaser of this year’s festival, which will focus on Canada. The Paris Podcast Festival will take place from 20 to 23 October 2022 at the Gaîté lyrique.
- Okinum, a project by Anishnabe artist Émilie Monnet
- Rêve encore : Daniel Bélanger, a documentary series by Télé-Québec’s La Fabrique culturelle and available on Radio-Canada Ohdio
- Onze, an autofiction by Iranian-born actor and author, Mani Soleymanlou
- L’heure de radio McGarrigle, a documentary series by Julien Morissette and François Larivière, produced by Télé-Québec’s La Fabrique culturelle
- Quelqu’une d’immortelle, a work by author and actress Camille Paré-Poirier, accompanied by her grandmother, Pauline
- Les amours extraordinaires, a five-part drama about non-monogamous and non-standard relationships by Karina Pawlikowski, available on Radio-Canada Ohdio
- Le ruban de la cassette, project by Fransaskois singer-songwriter, Anique Granger
- Synthèses, a true crime series in 3 seasons, available on QUB radio
Julien Morissette is a director, sound designer and musician based in Canada. Since 2016, his digital arts practice has focused on radio creation and storytelling. The artist has created and designed audio installations presented in various artist centres in addition to making sound and radio designs for the stage.
Transistor Média was launched in 2017 by Steven Boivin and Julien Morissette. The Gatineau, Quebec-based organization creates, produces and broadcasts podcasts nationally and internationally in both documentary and fiction genres. Each year, Transistor Media presents the Festival de la radio numérique and Kino-radio, events that bring people together to promote podcasting and contribute to public appreciation of the arts.
Paris Podcast Festival
Founded in 2018, the Paris Podcast Festival is organised by the association les Écouteurs, hosted and co-produced by La Gaîté Lyrique. Led by Thibaut de Saint Maurice (director) and Nina Cohen (deputy director), it is the first festival entirely dedicated to all genres of native podcasting, and aims to bring together every year, for 4 days, all podcast enthusiasts and those curious about discoveries and new encounters, by crossing all genres and formats.
In partnership with Paris Podcast Festival