The Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin invites you to an exceptional hybrid edition from 23 to 28 February 2021, online and live from the Louvre auditorium.
This exceptional edition will offer an unprecedented international programme bringing together more than 120 works from 40 countries, 90% of which will be premiered: screenings, performances, exhibitions, a VR programme, round tables, a forum… in the presence of artists and filmmakers from all over the world, on site or remotely.
Among the highlights of Canadian programme:
- Screening of Wax Museum (Experimental video, 11’, 2020) by Mike Hoolboom
- Screening of Clebs (Doc. 18’11, 2019) by Halima Ouardiri
- Screening of Filmer à Dakar, présences singulières entre le sable, la ville et le delta (Video installation, 23’18’’, 2019) by Myriam Yates
- Screening of The Initiation Well (Experimental film, 3’30’’, 2020) by Chris Kennedy
- Screening of The Year Without a Summer (Experimental film, 20’05, 2020) by Elise Rasmussen
- Screening of Kitâb al-isfâr: Book of the Journey (Experimental doc., 58’, 2020 by Baba Hillman
Live streaming and interactive immersive space
This new edition will be held in a hybrid format, live from the Louvre auditorium, with events and programmes filmed and broadcast live on our website, simultaneously accessible in a new immersive space developed for the occasion: Based on 3D scans and photogrammetry of the Louvre auditorium, this space for exploration and experimentation will offer visitors, via their web browser, real-time access to the programme taking place at the same time in the physical spaces, as well as to specific programmes only available in these online spaces.
For 6 days, the Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin will offer a true laboratory of discovery and reflection dedicated to contemporary moving image practices. The theme of “hybrid spaces” will run through the whole of this year’s programme, in the screening sessions, performances, during the forum and round tables.