National Gallery of Canada
The National Gallery of Canada (French: Musée des beaux-arts du Canada), located in the capital city of Ottawa, Ontario, is Canada’s national art museum. The museum’s building takes up 46,621 square metres (501,820 sq ft), with 12,400 square metres (133,000 sq ft) of space used for exhibiting art; making the museum one of the largest art museums in North America by exhibition space.
The institution was established in 1880 at the Second Supreme Court of Canada building, and moved to the Victoria Memorial Museum building in 1911. In 1913, the Government of Canada passed the National Gallery Act, formally outlined the institution’s mandate as a national art museum. The museum was moved to the Lorne building in 1960. In 1988, the museum was relocated to its present location. The National Gallery of Canada is presently situated in a glass and granite building on Sussex Drive with a notable view of the Canadian Parliament buildings on Parliament Hill. The building was designed by Moshe Safdie and opened in 1988.
The museum’s permanent collection includes over 93,000 works from European, American, and Asian, Canadian, and indigenous Canadian artists. In addition to exhibiting works from its permanent collection, the museum also organizes and hosts a number of travelling exhibitions.
Further info: gallery.ca
Source: Wikipedia 2020
Son et vision : l’image photographique et vidéographique dans l’art contemporain au Canada
Une production du Musée des Beaux-Arts de Montréal, en collaboration avec le Musée des Beaux-Arts du Canada et le Musée des Beaux-Arts de l’Ontario. Présentée à Montréal en 2006, l’exposition Son et vision : l’Image photographique et vidéographique dans l’art...