Catalogue accompaniyng the exhibition by Dominique Blain, Displacements, at the Canadian Cultural Centre and is published by the Éditions Skira Paris.
Illustrated with images of the works on site, it will include essays on the artist’s œuvre written by:
- Ami Barak – Independent curator, currently artistic co-director of the Salon de Montrouge.
- Catherine Bédard – Art historian and curator, director of the Visual Arts programme of the Canadian Cultural Centre.
- Louise Déry– Art History PhD, director of the gallery of the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM).
- France Trinque – Art History PhD and archivist at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
- Gérard Wajcman – Writer and psychoanalyst, lecturer emeritus in the Department of Psychoanalysis at the Université Paris VIII.
This publication is bilingual (French / English).
Year of publication: 3rd quarter 2019
Hardback cover 21 x 31 cm, 128 pages
Selling price: 30€
Exhibition dates at the Canadian Cultural Centre:
from September 27, 2019 to January 14, 2020
Publisher: co-edited by SKIRA and the Canadian Cultural Centre
Available in library or to contact us, please send an e-mail to
Dominique Blain – Displacements
Temporary exhibition at the Domaine national de Chambord
Curator: Catherine Bédard Associate curator: Ami Barak From November 21, 2021 to March 13, 2022, the Domaine national de Chambord will host the exhibition Displacements by Canadian artist Dominique Blain, in the castle dungeon. This exhibition was conceived and produced...
Dominique Blain : Displacements
In view of major political crises, wars, repression of freedom, vandalism and natural disasters, what do works of art represent for us? And what are we prepared to do to protect a masterpiece? The exhibition brings together a series of...