As part of Francophonie Month, the Canadian Cultural Centre celebrates the diversity of the Francophonie in Canada! On March 13th at 7pm, join us for a virtual workshop to write and perform poetry and slam with Canadian artist Mathieu Lippé.
During this workshop, participants will explore the various forms of written poetry to slam poetry. This creative workshop familiarizes you with the notions of writing: meaning, sound, image, etc.
The workshop is organized in three parts. First, the artist will explain his approach. In the second part, you will learn more about the theory, before practicing. Finally, the artist will accompany you in the process of writing and sharing.
- To express yourself with joy, rigor and ease.
- To cultivate your poetical language
- To review style figures: alliterations, rhymes, metaphors
- To trust yourself and your voice
- To push the limits of creation and expression
- To discover different styles of oral poetry
- A virtual workshop on March 13 from 7pm – Running time: 75-90 min.
- Registration mandatory for participants over 18: email@example.com
- Location: Zoom – access link will be sent to registered participants
Mathieu Lippé’s uses words to paint a colourful landscape that depicts the passage of time and the people he meets. A native of Kamouraska, Quebec, Mathieu Lippé deconstructs and reconstructs reality through his songs, tales and dazzling poetry-slam. His ability to play with words and emotions leaves you in awe.