The 18th edition of the Acadian week will be held from 6 to 15 August 2023 welcoming many Canadian artists. Natasha St-Pier, Bodh’Aktan, Anthony Kavanagh, Christian Marc Gendron and many others will be there!
Created to pay tribute to the Acadian soldiers who landed on the beaches of Normandy on 6 June 1944, and to celebrate the vitality of today’s Acadia, “La semaine acadienne” welcomes nearly 15,000 participants every year and is the biggest event devoted to Acadian culture in France.
Take part in the many shows offer:
– Anthony Kavanagh (Quebec)
– Natasha St Pier (New Brunswick)
– Weldon et ses amis” (Nova Scotia)
– The dancers of “La Baie en Joie” (Nova Scotia)
– Singer Chantal Dionne (New Brunswick)
– The group “La Patente” (New Brunswick)
– Storyteller Anne Godin (New Brunswick)
– Isabelle Cyr (New Brunswick) and Yves Marchand,
– Ariane Nadeau (Iles de la Madeleine / Quebec)
– The group Bodh’Aktan (Magdalen Islands / Quebec)
– Claude Cormier (Magdalen Islands)
– Christian Marc Gendron (Quebec)
– Manon Seguin (Ontario)
– Historian André-Carl Vachon (Quebec)
Commemorative ceremonies in honour of the Acadian soldiers of the North Shore regiment from New Brunswick will be held on 11 and 12 August in Bernières, Courseulles, Carpiquet, Authie and at the Bény-sur-mer Canadian War Cemetery.
Events taking place in : Courseulles-sur-mer, Douvres-la-Délivrande, Carpiquet, Beny-sur-mer, Bernières-sur-mer, Luc-sur-mer, Langrune-sur-mer, Saint Aubin sur mer, Authie, in Calvados.
In partnership with the Canadian Cultural Centre
Full programme: www.semaineacadienne.net/