Our democratic societies are confronted with the growing influence of “false information” and Fakenews, which flourish on social networks.
Challenging our governments but also all the stakeholders in our societies, this “disinformation” forces us all to react. Canadians and French inquire this troubling phenomenon.
This conference particularly questions the point of view of the press and the point of view on the press. What is the impact? What should we do? What tools are at our disposal to fight this phenomenon?
- Christophe Deloire, Reporters sans frontières (RSF)
- Dominique Cardon, Media Lab de Sciences Po. (France)
- Estelle Cognacq, France Info (France)
- Sophie Gindensperger, Centre pour l’éducation aux médias et à l’information (France)
- Kathryn Ann Hill, HabiloMédias/MédiaSmarts Canada (Canada)
- Bouchra Ouatik, Radio-Canada (Canada)
- Fabrice Rousselot, The Conversation