On Tuesday, March 14 at 7pm, the Canadian Cultural Centre invites you to a round table discussion moderated by art critic Christophe Domino to speak about the questions raised by the internationalization of artists and their work.
Whether through communication or action, in the limitless space of the virtual world or in the physical and material world, based on real contact and sensory experience, how can we reduce the environmental impact of the art world?
Curated by The Synthetic Collective and presented at the Canadian Cultural Centre, our exhibition “Plastic Heart: Surface All the Way Through” experiments with new protocols in an attempt to reduce dependence on fossil fuels in cultural institutions.
The export of the exhibition outside of Canada’s borders has forced an adaptation of the initial project and raises important questions about the mobility of works and artists in the current and future environmental context.
Moderated by Christophe Domino, art critic and curator.
- Catherine Bédard, curator of the exhibitions and deputy director of the Canadian Cultural Centre
- Anne-Sophie Braud, deputy director, Direction des Mobilités et Manifestations internationales, Institut français
- Aude Cartier, director of the Maison des arts de Malakoff, curator of Couper les fluides
- Marguerite Courtel, member and co-founder of Les Augures collective
- Kelly Jazvac, artist and member of The Synthetic Collective
- Catherine Radosa, artist and member of The Crown Letter collective
The public will be able to visit the exhibition after the round table until 9.30 pm.
Book your seats!